While the chassis is pulled apart to do the rust repair, I decided to swap out the RA60 front lights and replace them with the pop ups from the white … Continue Reading SA63 Light Conversion
Now that the vacuum distribution block is fitted, I can work towards getting a solid idle. It wont be possible to get the idle perfect while the base map is … Continue Reading Idle and Cold Start.
Before I could try to start the engine, I had to first check if the engine had oil pressure, and the ECU was recieving the required signals to start. I … Continue Reading First Engine Start
I have started joining the Celica chassis harness to the 3SGE/Haltech harness I have already put together. The original engine didnt really have a harness, as there wasn’t much in … Continue Reading Chassis Wiring
Installed the Haltech in the glove box. I ran the harness through the grommet that feeds into the wheel arch. The grommet can be accessed by first removing the dash … Continue Reading September Update
I measured the location and dimensions of the ribbing on the bonnet as I need to check if there will be enough clearance to close the bonnet. It will be … Continue Reading May 26 Update
Now that I have the altezza engine harness from the half cut, I can start splicing it into the Haltech harness. Some of the harness will be redundant, so I … Continue Reading Haltech and 3SGE wiring
I picked up a new ECU, a Haltech Elite 1000 which was recommended to me as it is able to run the dual VVTI system on the BEAMS. Altezza ECU … Continue Reading New ECU